Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Animal health and welfare

Service outline:

There is a wide range of legislation in the UK designed to protect the health and welfare of both domesticated and wild animals.

If you suspect that an animal of any kind is being subjected to any form or cruelty then the only organisation that can legally deal with this is the Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA).

Further information is available here

Key contacts

Contact: Environmental Health

Telephone: 01200 414464

Fax: 01200 414487

Visit: Environmental Health
Ribble Valley Borough Council, Environmental Health, Church Walk, Clitheroe, BB7 2RA

Contact: RSPCA

Telephone: 0300 1234 999

Visit: RSPCA
RSPCA Enquiries Service, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS

Quick search

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.