Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Council owned land and premises

Service outline:

How can I find out if a piece of land belongs to the council?

If you have a piece of land you want to check if the council owns please contact us using the details below.

We would need to know as much information about the location in order to be able to help you. This would include full postal address if known, or boudaries of land. This is particularly important in rural locations.

The council does not charge at present for this information, however this may change. If a search would incur a charge we would advise before.

The searches may take several days depending on the demand for the service.

What if I want to know who owns private property?

The council cannot provide information on the ownership of private property. However the land registry may be able to help you. They can be contacted on 01772 836700.

You will have to provide as much information as possible about the location in order to help them with this.

The Council owes me chief rent - who can I speak to?

Please contact the Council, using one of the contact methods below, providing details of the chief rent due and the amount owing.

Key contacts

Contact: Ribble Valley Borough Council

Telephone: 01200 425111

Fax: 01200 414432

Ribble Valley Borough Council, Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, BB7 2RA

Contact: Land Registry

Telephone: 01772 836700

Visit: Land Registry
Wrea Brook Court, Lytham Road, Warton, Preston, PR1 4TE

Quick search

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.