Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Council tax

Service outline:

Do I have to pay Council Tax?

Most dwellings are subject to the Council Tax. There is one bill per dwelling, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Council Tax is not charged on exempt properties.

How much do I have to pay?
Current charges

Council Tax Discounts

The full Council Tax assumes that there are two or more adults living in a property. If there is only one adult, or if the property is a second home, discounts are allowed on the Council Tax bill. There are also a number of people who are disregarded when we look at the number of adults who live in a property.

The full amount of Council Tax is based on the property band into which your home falls. The bandings are determined by the Valuation Office Agency.

If you receive certain benefits, or your income is low, you may be able to get your Council Tax payments reduced by claiming Council Tax Benefit.

Moving Home?

If you have moved to a residence within Ribble Valley Borough please complete a form to notify us of your new address or contact us as soon as possible.

Pay Online Now

Pay By Direct Debit

Further information on council tax is available here


You can contact the council regarding any of the information on these webpages during normal working hours. Monday to Friday 9-5.

Key contacts

Contact: Council Tax Department

Telephone: 01200 414450

Fax: 01200 414432

Visit: Council Tax Department
Ribble Valley Borough Council, Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, BB7 2RA

Quick search

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.