Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Licence - door supervisor

Service outline:

A Door Supervisor licence is required if manned guarding activities are undertaken in relation to licensed premises.  Licensed premises are premises which are open to the public, at times when alcohol is being supplied for consumption, or regulated entertainment is being provided, on the premises.

Unless an exemption has been given under Section 4(4) of the Private Security Industry Act 2001, it is a criminal offence to undertake the licensable activities of a door supervisor without an Security Industry Authroity (SIA) licence.

Key contacts

Contact: Security Industry Authority

Telephone: 0844 892 1025

Visit: Security Industry Authority
Security Industry Authority, Security Industry Authority, PO BOX 9, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE82 6YX

Quick search

Begin to type the name and select from the appearing choices.