Housing and Council Tax Benefit
How to claim
You can get an application form from the Council Offices Church Walk, Clitheroe or by telephoning the benefits section direct on 01200 414453.
If you want to make a claim or are not sure if you qualify, contact us. Do not delay as benefit is usually paid from the Monday following the date the application form is received.
- Answer all questions that are applicable
- Your benefit cannot be calculated until we receive all the proof but don't let this delay sending the form back - you can always send the proof in later
If you are elderly or disabled or unable to get to the office and need help to claim housing and council tax benefit, we may be able to visit you in your own home. Our experienced visiting officer can visit your home at a pre-arranged time and complete the application form as well as confirming all your details.
You can request a home visit by telephoning the benefits section on 01200 414453. We will then make an appointment to visit you at a convenient time in your home.
Pages in Housing and Council Tax Benefit
- What is Housing and Council Tax Benefit?
- How is Housing and Council Tax Benefit calculated?
- You are here: How to claim
- Current claim
- What is Second Adult Rebate?
- What is a discretionary housing payment?
- When will my Benefit be paid?
- What happens if I am awarded benefit and I have a change in my circumstances?
- Benefit Fraud
- What to do if you disagree with a decision
- The Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
- Local Housing Allowance (LHA)
- Information from the Department of Work & Pensions regarding changes to Housing Benefit from April 2011
- Housing Benefit Change for Some Single People
- Changes to the Benefit System as of April 2013