National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR)
Government extends temporary increase in Small Business Rate Relief
Who is eligible?
Anyone who is entitled to Small Business Rate Relief and has a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible for the increased level of discount off their rates bill.
Do I need to meet any criteria?
Small Business Rates Relief is available to all businesses whose rateable value is less than £18,000. To qualify for the relief, businesses must apply to their local authority and confirm that:
- the sole or main hereditament they occupy must have a rateable value of less than £18,000 (£25,500 in Greater London) and
- if they occupy any additional hereditaments, each of the additional hereditaments must have a rateable value of less than £2,600, and the total rateable value of all of their hereditaments must be less than £18,000 (£25,500 in Greater London).
- Where the rateable value of the hereditament is £12,000 or less, the business is eligible to claim a discount on the rates bill, as well as having their bill calculated on the basis of the small business rate multiplier.
For businesses with a rateable value of between £12,001 and £18,000 (or £25,500 in London), there is no discount, but the business will continue to be entitled to have their rates bill calculated using the small business rate multiplier.
Do I need to do anything?
If you already claim the relief, you do not need to do anything more.
If, however, you do not already claim the relief but think you may be entitled to the relief, you can download an application form for Small Business Rate Relief 2010/11 to 2014/15
Is there any other help for businesses?
Further details of the full range of support and information available to businesses: visit www.businesslink.gov.uk or speak to a Business Link advisor on 0845 600 9006.
Please contact us on 01200 414451 if you need any further information.
Pages in National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR)
- Business Rates
- Rateable Value
- National Non-Domestic Rating Multiplier
- Transitional Arrangements
- Unoccupied Property Rating
- Partly Occupied Property Relief
- Small Business Rate Relief
- Charity and Registered Community Amateur Sports Club Relief
- Non-Profit Making Organisational Relief
- Hardship Relief
- Rate Relief for Businesses in Rural Areas
- Rating Advisors
- Completion Notices
- You are here: Government extends temporary increase in Small Business Rate Relief