Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support

How to claim


To claim Housing benefit or/and Council Tax Support you need to fill in a benefits application form. You may wish to use the benefit calculator before completing the application form.

You can get an application form from the Council Offices Church Walk, Clitheroe or by telephoning 01200 414453.

If you want to make a claim or are not sure if you qualify contact us. Do not delay as Housing benefit and Council Tax Support is usually paid from the Monday following the date the application form is received.


  • Answer all questions that are applicable
  • Your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support cannot be calculated until we receive all the proof but don't let this delay sending the form back - you can always send the proof in later

If you are elderly or disabled or unable to get to the office and need help to claim housing and council tax support, we may be able to visit you in your own home.  Our experienced visiting officer can visit your home at a pre-arranged time and complete the application form as well as confirming all your details.

You can request a home visit by telephoning 01200 414453. We will make an appointment to visit you at a convenient time in your home.