Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support
How to claim
You can get an application form from the Council Offices Church Walk, Clitheroe or by telephoning 01200 414453.
If you want to make a claim or are not sure if you qualify contact us. Do not delay as Housing benefit and Council Tax Support is usually paid from the Monday following the date the application form is received.
- Answer all questions that are applicable
- Your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support cannot be calculated until we receive all the proof but don't let this delay sending the form back - you can always send the proof in later
If you are elderly or disabled or unable to get to the office and need help to claim housing and council tax support, we may be able to visit you in your own home. Our experienced visiting officer can visit your home at a pre-arranged time and complete the application form as well as confirming all your details.
You can request a home visit by telephoning 01200 414453. We will make an appointment to visit you at a convenient time in your home.
Pages in Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support
- Housing and Council Tax Support
- Council Tax Support Scheme
- How is Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support calculated?
- You are here: How to claim
- Current claim
- What is Second Adult Rebate?
- What are discretionary housing payment and Council Tax Support discretionary fund?
- When will my Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support be paid?
- What happens if I am awarded benefit and I have a change in my circumstances?
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Fraud
- What to do if you disagree with a decision for Housing Benefit
- What to do if you disagree with a decision for Council Tax Support
- The Valuation Office Agency (VOA)
- Local Housing Allowance (LHA)
- Information from the Department of Work & Pensions regarding changes to Housing Benefit from April 2011
- Housing Benefit Change for Some Single People
- Changes to the Benefit System as of April 2013