Building Control Service
The Council under Sections 77 and 78 of the Building Act 1984 controls Dangerous Buildings.
We respond to all reports of dangerous buildings, walls and structures within the Borough on a 24 hour 365 day a year basis. We try to inspect any building or structure reported as being dangerous within three hours.
You can contact us, at Building Control, during office house by telephoning 01200 425111, or out of normal working hours on the Council's Emergency Switchboard on 01200 444448
If the building or structure poses a potential danger to the safety of people, we take the appropriate action to remove the danger. We have legal powers to require the owners of buildings or structures to remedy the defects or we direct our contractors to carry out works to make the building or structure safe. In addition, we provide advice on the structural condition of buildings during fire fighting to the Fire Brigade, or to the Police in the case of vehicular damage.
Pages in Building Control Service
- Making a Building Regulation Application
- What type of work requires Building Regulation Approval?
- Guidance Notes for Building Control Fees and Charges
- Building Regulation Forms
- Information Leaflets
- Approved Documents
- Replacement windows and doors
- Electrical Safety
- Health and Safety Executive
- You are here: Dangerous Buildings
- Unauthorised Works
- Party Wall Act
- Useful Links
- Local Authority Sitelines Online Magazine
- LABC New Homes Warranty
- Contact Building Control
- Lancashire Guide to Extending Your Home