Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Building Control Service

Unauthorised Works


Works that have been carried out without Building Regulation consent will cause problems in the future when the property is sold.

A procedure is available by way of a REGULARISATION APPLICATION to give a certificate of reasonable compliance with the regulations.

However any defective work must be rectified before a certificate is given. A charge is payable for this service based on 20% more than the normal Building Regulation charge. The necessary form and further details may be obtained from our offices.