Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Council Tax

Council Tax Information


Do I have to pay council tax?

Most homes are subject to pay council tax. There is one bill per home, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Council Tax is not charged on exempt properties.

Planned spending and your council tax

The council tax collected by Ribble Valley Borough Council is shared between a number of local government organisations in the area. Find out more about how council tax is shared amongst organisations and how council tax is spent.

How much do I have to pay?

Current Council Tax Charges (2014-2015)

Council Tax Charges 2013-2014

Council Tax Charges 2012-2013

Council Tax leaflet 2012-2013

Council Tax leaflet 2013-2014

Council Tax leaflet 2014-2015

The full Council Tax assumes that there are two or more adults living in a property. If there is only one adult, or if the property is a second home, discounts are allowed on the Council Tax bill. There are also a number of people who are disregarded when we look at the number of adults who live in a property.

If you receive certain benefits, or your income is low, you may be able to get your Council Tax payments reduced by claiming Council Tax Benefit/Local Council Tax Support.

Moving Home

If you have moved to a residence within Ribble Valley Borough please complete a form to notify us of your new address or contact us as soon as possible using the Council Tax Change of Circumstances Form