Ribble Valley Borough Council
Tree work is dangerous
- If you have to get onto a ladder to carry out the work, the tree is too large for you to prune.
- If the branch is over 2" in diameter, you are advised not to attempt to carry out the work.
- Never work on trees in close proximity to power lines.
- Never use a chainsaw.
- Never attempt to carry out work on storm damaged, decaying or dangerous trees.
- The elements of height, fall and use of cutting tools make any tree work potentially hazardous and there are many areas of tree work which require professional tree contractors.
- Finally - Know you limitations and the limitations of your equipment.
- You are always advised to employ a competent, experienced / qualified, fully insured arboriculturalist / tree contractor.