Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

High Hedges

Completing the Complaint Form - Criteria for making a complaint


Who can complain

You must be the owner or occupier of the property affected by a high hedge in order to make a formal complaint to the council. 

If you do not own the property (eg. because you are a tenant or a leaseholder), you can still make a complaint.  But you should let the owner (eg. landlord or management company) know what you are doing.

The property does not have to be wholly residential but must include some living accommodation otherwise we cannot consider the complaint.