Rights of Way Affected by a Planning Application
- check every planning application it receives against the definitive right of way records held by the Council.
- publicise any planning applications affecting a right of way.
At the planning application stage the applicant will:
- ensure that you have checked whether or not a right of way is within the land included in the planning application.
- consider not only the affect of any proposed new dwellings but also the impact of any extensions, new access points, drives, services and changes to the curtilage will have on the rights of way network.
- discuss the likely impact of any proposals included in the planning application on the rights of way network with the planning department at the earliest opportunity.