North West Public Health Observatory (NWPH)
Click here to go to The North West Public Health Observatory Web site, which has been developed to deliver the functions outlined in the 'Saving Lives: Our Healthier Nation'.
Broadly, these are:
- Identifying and improving information available for health related intelligence.
- Benchmarking and evaluating progress made in improving health and reducing health inequalities.
- Horizon scanning for future Public Health issues.
These functions will be developed fully over the next two years. At present the site contains:
- A News function.
- Executive summaries and full text of various Annual, Monthly, Quarterly and Ad-hoc reports.
- A Searchable database of Regional and National Information.
- Sources currently being developed with the Department of Health.
- Selected extracts of National data for North West Districts - Demographics, Deprivation, Indices and Performance Indicators.
- The Observatory Network, including contact details and links to our collaborators websites.
North West Public Health (NWPH) produced by the Observatory in partnership with National Health Service Organisations within the North West. This site can be accessed directly (www.nwph.net/nwpho) or through the North West Public Health Observatory links.
The objective of the NWPH site is to provide a centralised web based resource, linking Public Health and other related sites within the Region, the UK and the world.
Both these web sites are here to serve the information needs of people in the North West.