Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council


Customer Services

What to do if you have a problem

In the event that you experience a problem with your water supply please report the matter to United Utilities on

If you believe the issue has a public health implication please let us know at environmental.health@ribblevalley.gov.uk or telephone Matthew Riding on 01200 414470.

Water Quality

United Utilities are required to regularly sample and monitor the quality of mains water. An annual report of compliance and proposed improvements are submitted to each authority for information purposes. Last year United Utilities undertook over 350,000 tests of which 99.8% complied with relevant water quality standards.

Consumer Council for Water North West

If you are not satisfied with the service provided by United Utilities a complaint can be reported to and investigated by Water Voice North West who are based in Manchester and who will be interested to hear from you. Consumer Council for Water may be contacted by :

Water Voice produces an annual report, which can be viewed at www.watervoice.org.uk.  

  1. You are here: Customer Services
  2. Private Water Supplies
  3. Drainage