What to do if you have a problem
- Private Drain - The Council provides a highly experienced and professional local 'drain flushing' service at very competitive rates. This can be initiated by contacting 01200 413241 or 'Out of Hours' by contacting 01200 444448.
Alternatively you can engage a private contractor (see yellow pages)
- Private Sewer - If you believe you have a blocked/defective Private Sewer
(i.e. a drain serving more than your property) then you can;
- Employ our drain flushing service and see your neighbours for an equitable contribution;
- Contact our Environmental Health (Housing) section for a visit, survey and possible service of legal notice on all relevant parties tel: 01200 414470.
- Public Sewer - From the 1st April 2004, United Utilities manage the public sewer network within the Borough who will arrange for their organisation to deal with your issue.
United Utilities Customer Services - 0845 6020406
Further details on our service delivery standards are contained within the Environmental Health Plan.
This authority formally adopted the Enforcement Concordat in March 1998. A General Enforcement Policy has been produced setting out how the Council and its officers will approach and implement enforcement.