General service provided
- The control of stray dogs under the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Noise Control under the EPA 1990 (barking dogs and other animal noise)
- Dangerous Dogs Act 1989
- Dogs Fouling of Land Act 1996 . Including bin installations, dog fouling notices and 'poop scoop' bags.
- Animal Boarding Establishment Act 1963
- Pet Animals Act 1951
- Permanent pet identification in the form of Microchipping
Cruelty to animals - who should you call.
If you suspect that an animal of any kind is being subjected to any form or cruelty then the only organisation that can legally deal with this is the Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) link to external website to contact the National Cruelty Helpline 0870 5555 999.
The Local Authority has formal links with the Department of Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) link to external website in enforcing national legislation governing the health and welfare of farm animals. This includes responding to complaints of neglect or ill treatment of livestock on farms, during transport, at markets, etc.
The identification and registration schemes that are in place to control animal movements are also overseen by the Local Authority, along with the issuing of animal movement licences for on farm movements and movement to slaughter.
If you would like information on animal boarding licences contact email@example.com or 01200 414557.