Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Mortgage Rescue Scheme

Other types of help for homeowners


There are various ways in which your lender can assist should you experience mortgage difficulties, talk to them first to see what options are available to you. 

There may also be other schemes that can help you.  It is always worth asking your lender or a local advice agency about any other help that is available. 

Don't ignore the problem - Get advice instead

Citizen's Advice Bureau - 01200 428966

Housing Benefit - 01200 425111

National Debtline - 0808 808 4000

Shelter - 0808 800 4444

Working Tax Credit & Child Tax Credit - 0845 300 3900

Pension Credit - 0800 99 1234 


  1. The Government's Mortgage Rescue Scheme
  2. You are here: Other types of help for homeowners