Grants For Landlords
Grants for landlords
Renovation grants may be available where substantial works are required to the dwelling to make a dwelling fit to live in. To be eligible, the property:
- Must be within Council Tax bands A - D
- currently not meeting the fitness standard for a habitable dwelling.
The grant assistance available is 50% of the conversion work, up to a maximum of £10,000 per flat, £15,000 per two/three bedroomed property. The property must meet the decent homes standard on completion.
This grant is available where premises are converted to provide rented accommodation. The Council supports the conversion of previously unused premises into rented accommodation e.g. empty space over shops.
Again the grant assistance available is 50% of the cost of the work, up to a maximum of £10,000 per flat, £15,000 per two/three bedroomed property. The property must meet the fitness standard on completion. .
Are there any conditions attached to the grants?
In return for the financial assistance provided there are various conditions attached.
- The property must be let for 5 years from the completion of the grant.
- The landlord must accept nominations of suitable tenants from the Council.
For each dwelling the details of three tenants from our waiting list would be provided. The landlord would then choose the most appropriate:
- The rent level will be set in line with the local reference rent for the area, to make it affordable to households in receipt of housing benefit.
- The landlord must accept the tenancy protection scheme.
How do I apply?
If you currently own or you are looking to purchase a property which is in need of repair or empty, contact us on the number below. A site visit will be arranged as soon as convenient. The repair items that are necessary will be agreed and application forms completed. We will then require two sets of itemised estimates for the proposed work. On receipt of the estimates the grant will be approved. Once completed a final inspection will be carried out and payment made. Interim payments are available on request.
Application for a grant should not cause any delay
Who do I contact?
For more information, please contact Rachael Stott on 01200 414567, or Lynn Walmsley on 01200 414572, or email email@example.com