Calderstones, Whalley, Lancashire
Affordable home ownership opportunities coming soon to Calderstones, Whalley, Lancashire
Plumlife will shortly be releasing for sale eight elegant 2 and 3 bedroom mews homes at Calderstones, part of a prestigious new private development of 39 mews and detached homes in the picturesque village of Whalley.
Built by award-winning builders, Taylor Wimpey, Plumlife is offering eligible first time buyers the opportunity to buy a home at Calderstones through the popular government-backed shared ownership scheme
Demand is expected to be extremely high for these properties and they will be available to purchase via appointment in order of buyer priority on release day which is expected to be mid June 2011.
Plumlife will give priority to the following groups when allocating properties:
- First time buyers who can demonstrate a housing need requirement for the property type they are purchasing where none of the family own or ever have owned a property (Residential or otherwise)
- Currently live in the Ribble Valley or
- Work in the Ribble Valley or
- Who have lived in the Ribble Valley for any five of the last ten years having left to find suitable accommodation elsewhere and who also have close family living in the Ribble Valley or
- Persons moving to the Ribble Valley to offer support or receive support from a close family member who is living in the Ribble Valley
- people who are not first time buyers who can meet one or more of the local connections listed above and can demonstrate a housing needs requirement for the property they are purchasing.
If you are interested in buying a home at Calderstones, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a sufficient income to purchase the property but be unable to afford to purchase on the open market.
- Have a household income that does not exceed 60K per annum
- Have a satisfactory credit history
- Be able to provide proof of local connection by either electoral roll records, Utility bill, confirmation of employment history or council tax bill
How to apply
1. Visit our website at www.plumlife.co.uk and click on "apply online"
2. Fill out your profile information
3. Apply for shared ownership at Calderstones Park
4. Send Plumlife a copy of your P60 or last 3 months payslips and photographic proof of id (e.g. copy of driving licence photo card or passport)
5. Be ready to view the properties with your £500 reservation fee in hand
Priority will also be given to persons wishing to reserve who have completed the above steps.
About Shared Ownership
This popular government backed scheme is perfect for working people who want to buy a home, but can't quite afford to take out a mortgage on the full asking price of the property.
Shared Ownership enables you to buy from a share in your new home - and pay a small rent to Plumlife on the percentage you don't own. As with all home purchases, you'll need to have saved up for a deposit. For free, impartial advice on the best deals out there for you, we can put you in touch with an independent financial adviser.
With Shared Ownership, you're free to buy more shares in your home in the future if you want to - until eventually, you own it outright.
For over a decade Plumlife has been making home ownership easier for a wide range of working people throughout the North West.
We are a not for profit company which specialises in offering government-backed affordable homes schemes aimed at helping working people get on the property ladder.
Past successes include Petre Wood, in Langho and Weaver's Fold in Mellor. Both of these sought-after rural developments sold out very swiftly due to the demand in the Ribble Valley for good quality, affordable family homes.
Plumlife is part of Great Places Housing Group, an award winning homes developer, and the government appointed HomeBuy agency for Lancashire, Greater Manchester and South Yorkshire.
We are also able to offer our clients free, impartial mortgage advice from our panel of independent financial advisers.
Who to contact
For sales enquiries and more information on shared ownership, please contact Plumlife on 0161 447 5050