Planning - Residential
How to apply for planning permission
If you know that you need planning permission:
- If you want to, you can send in a Request for Pre-application advice to discuss your proposals before submitting your formal application.
- If you don't want to wait for pre-application advice, you can go straight to submitting an application form. These are also available from Level D reception in the Council Offices.
- Send the completed forms to us, together with the correct fee (the fee can be calculated online through the Planning Portal) and all the necessary supporting documents. See our Development Control Protocol for further information about validation requirements.
- From 6th April 2010 the validation requirements for planning applications have changed. You may need to enclose a Design and Access Statement.
- If you intend to disturb the existing roofspace you will also need to enclose a bat survey.