Planning Policy Consultation
Consultation on Proposed Main Changes to the Core Strategy and Local Development Framework Evidence Base
Please note this consultation has closed.
A six-week consultation is took place from Monday 12 August until 5.00pm on Friday 20 September, during which time comments were sought on a series of changes to the Local Development Framework (LDF) Evidence Base, which underpins the Core Strategy as well as a schedule of proposed main modifications to the Core Strategy itself.
The Core Strategy Examination process was suspended in late 2012 to allow for work to be undertaken on updating elements of the evidence base. The examination process is due to recommence on 1 September 2013 and the appointed Inspector has recommended that the consultation should begin before this date.
The supporting documents that were subject to consultation are as follows:
- Core Strategy Viability Study
- Employment Land Review 2013
- Gypsy and traveller Accommodation Assessment
- Housing requirement review
- Leisure survey
- Proposed main changes to Core Strategy
- Retail Survey
- Service Centre Health Checks 2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) Update (The SHLAA is comprised of the SHLAA report and accompanying book of sites. The book of sites document is too large to download but is available to view at the Council Offices, Clitheroe)
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA)
- Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) Addendum
The updated evidence base information and the proposed main changes to the Core Strategy will feed into the Examination of the Core Strategy. If you wish to know more about the Submission stage of the Core Strategy, including the other accompanying documents that have also been sent to the Secretary of State, then please see Core Strategy Submission Stage.
All responses to this consultation will be provided for Inspector as part of the forthcoming Examination process. We will not be responding to responses on an individual basis.
The Consultation documents mentioned above are available for inspection during normal opening hours at:
Planning reception, Level D, Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe BB7 2RA
They were also available at the following libraries during normal opening hours:
- Chatburn Library, Sawley Road, Chatburn
- Clitheroe Library, Church Street, Clitheroe
- Longridge Library, Berry Lane, Longridge
- Mellor Library, St Mary's Gardens, Mellor
- Read Library, Jubilee Street, Read
- Whalley Library, Abbey Road, Whalley.
In addition, the proposed main changes to the submitted core strategy document and the accompanying updated evidence base documents were available to view at the following locations during normal opening hours:
- Longridge Civic Hall; and
- The Station Buildings, Longridge
Pages in Planning Policy Consultation
- Current Planning Policy Consultations
- Previous Planning Policy Consultations
- Core Strategy: Proposed revisions to Development Management Policies and Key Statements
- Core Strategy: Generation of Alternative Options report
- LDF Baseline: Review of Essential Open Space (policy G6) Audit
- Addressing Housing Need in Ribble Valley
- LDF Baseline: Employment Land Position Statement
- Housing Numbers Review
- Regulation 22 Consultation on Proposed Changes to the Core Strategy
- You are here: Consultation on Proposed Main Changes to the Core Strategy and Local Development Framework Evidence Base