Planning Policy Consultation
Addressing Housing Need in Ribble Valley
The document seeks to address not only the issue of affordability in the borough but in addressing the identified housing needs of the elderly. Ribble Valley has an ageing population that is projected to increase by 49% in the next 15 years and as the market has failed to meet the housing needs of this age group it is proposed that accommodation appropriate for the elderly will be secured through a policy requirement. This change is now reflected within the memorandum consolations document that will now be titled 'Addressing Housing Need in Ribble Valley'.
During the consultation the document was available to view in hard copy at the Planning Reception counter (level D) at the Council Offices on Church Walk in Clitheroe offices from 9.00 am to 5pm Monday to Friday and at all libraries in the borough and at the Station Buildings in Longridge.
What happens next
The six-week consultation period is now closed and all comments recieved during this time will be acknowledged and considered. Work will then continue on procduing the Local Development Framework documents with focus initially on the Core Strategy.
Pages in Planning Policy Consultation
- Current Planning Policy Consultations
- Previous Planning Policy Consultations
- Core Strategy: Proposed revisions to Development Management Policies and Key Statements
- Core Strategy: Generation of Alternative Options report
- LDF Baseline: Review of Essential Open Space (policy G6) Audit
- You are here: Addressing Housing Need in Ribble Valley
- LDF Baseline: Employment Land Position Statement
- Housing Numbers Review
- Regulation 22 Consultation on Proposed Changes to the Core Strategy