Ribble Valley Borough Council
Supplementary Planning Policy for Trees
The detailed problems
- Lack of hard information, without a detailed tree survey this is inevitable.
- Developers wish to maximise developable land area.
- Public Response.
- To retain or fell; not all trees may be successfully retained, especially if the density of the development proposed is high,
- Many trees which will not survive are often retained for emotive reasons or ignorance of the facts.
- Sometimes trees which could have been retained are not, due to lack of commitment or information and the density of development.
- Lack of post development remedial tree work to remedy damage caused by excavations, compaction of the soil, changes in natural levels etc.