Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Long Stay Permits

Long Stay Car Park Permits

Ribble Valley Borough Council offers for sale an annual Long Stay Car Park Permit. These permits are valid for a period of 12 months from the first of the month, and are issued to a specific vehicle, not a person. The permit entitles the specified vehicle to be parked for an unlimited period of time on any day of the week, and on any of the following long stay car parks:

Long Stay Car Parks
Car Park Name

 Chester Avenue
(does not include park and ride bays at the station end of car park)

 Peel Street
 Whalley Road
 Mitchell Street
 Holden Street
 North Street
 Sabden  Sabden
 Slaidburn  Slaidburn
 Chipping  Chipping
 Pope Croft
 Mardale Road
 Barclay Road
 Dunsop Bridge
 Dunsop Bridge

    A map showing the location of our car parks is available on the car parks page.

    The permit is only valid on the above car parks

    If a vehicle is on a short stay car park without displaying a valid pay and display ticket, a Penalty Charge Notice (Parking ticket) may be issued.

    The annual cost of a Long Stay Car Park Permit is £65.00, including VAT. 

    If you change your vehicle during the 12 month period, a change of vehicle form must be completed and returned to the Council Offices, along with your old permit and a payment of £5, and a new permit will be issued to you.

    If your permit is lost or stolen, a new permit must be purchased at the full price of £65.00, including VAT. 

    It is the driver's responsibility to ensure the permit is valid and has not expired, although a reminder letter will be sent out to you when the permit is due to be renewed, so please let us know if you change address.  It is also the driver's responsibilty to ensure all the details on the permit are correct and that the permit is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of use.

    If you would like to apply for a Long Stay Car Park Permit you can: