Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Concessionary Travel

How do I apply for a concessionary travel pass?

Concessionary travel in Lancashire and Cumbria is provided by NoW card.Now Card Logoo

NoW card provide concessionary travel passes for both disabled people and older people.

For more information and how to apply see the NoW card website www.nowcard.org or telephone the NoWcard helpline on 0845 058 1096.

You can apply for your Now card using Clitheroe Library's Telly Talk (you will need to bring proof of address and either proof of age or proof of disability depending on ther card you are applying for).


The age of eligibility for concessionary travel for women will be pension age and for men it will be the pensionable age of a woman born on the same day.

Pensionable age is rising by five years over a period of time up to 2020 and the earliest age for men and women to get a buss pass will also rise gradually.

To find out when you are eligible to apply for an older person's NoW card see the Now Card older person's application information.

To apply for a disabled person's NoW Card you must be aged over 5 and your have one of the following disabilities:

  • Blind or partially sighted
  • Profoundly or severely deaf
  • Without Speech
  • Learning Disability
  • Loss of the use of both arms
  • Walking disability
  • Have been or would be refused a driving licence

To find out more about eligibility for a disabled person's buss pass see the NoW Card disabled person's application information.

  1. You are here: How do I apply for a concessionary travel pass?
  2. Where can I use my Concessionary Pass?
  3. Travel agent contact details