Constitution and Code of Conduct etc.
Part Six of the Constitution: Financial and Legal Regulations and Procedures
Part Six of the Council's Constitution contains rules and procedures for the management of the Council's financial, contractual and legal affairs including the following documents:
These were last updated in November 2012.
The Contract Procedure Rules set the standards and framework within which contracts shall be let. They are available here.
The council's procurement activities must comply the latest Contract Procedure Rules.
Other legal/financial rules and procedures
Rules and procedures in respect of legal proceedings brought by and against the Council (such as its Prosecution policies) support the Constitution. These documents are available from the links below:
Pages in Constitution and Code of Conduct etc.
- The Council and its Constitution
- Local Code of Conduct Complaints Process
- Parts One and Two of the Constitution: the Introduction/Summary and the Articles
- Part Three of the Constitution: Powers and Delegation
- Parts Four and Five of the Constitution: the Standing Orders and the Rules on Access to meetings etc.
- You are here: Part Six of the Constitution: Financial and Legal Regulations and Procedures
- Part Seven of the Constitution: Codes of Conduct and policies etc. for the Council's members and officers