Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Information on Parish Councils

Local Code of Conduct Complaints Process


(Conduct of Elected Members of Borough, Town and Parish Councils)

What this means to you

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of Ribble Valley Borough Council or a member of one of our Parish or Town Councils, you must submit your complaint to:

Mrs Diane Rice
Head of Legal & Democratic Services
Ribble Valley Borough Council
Council Offices
Church Walk

Tel: 01200 414418
e-mail: diane.rice@ribblevalley.gov.uk


The complaint will be considered in accordance with the procedure adopted by the Council's Accounts and Audit Committee.  It can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member.  It will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the Members' Code of Conduct.  If you make a complaint to the Committee it must be about why you think a member has not followed the Code of Conduct.

  1. General information about Parish and Town Councils
  2. Specific information aimed to assist Parish Clerks within the Ribble Valley
  3. You are here: Local Code of Conduct Complaints Process