Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council


Environment Agency - Floodline


Floodline 0845 988 1188 provides a single national number for the public to ring on any matter associated with flooding throughout England and Wales. All calls are charged at a local rate.

You can listen to the service in English or Welsh, and there is a Typetalk number 0845 602 6340 for hearing impaired people.

Floodline offers you these options:

  1. Access to listed recorded information on the latest flooding situation anywhere in England and Wales.
  2. To report flooding direct to Environment Agency staff at your local office. Only use this option in an emergency.
  3. To request a set of Floodline fact sheets. The fact sheets are available in English and Welsh and in seven other languages; Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Somali and Chinese. Versions are also available in large print, Braille and on audio cassette.
  4. To speak to one of the Agency's trained Floodline operators for general information and advice (8.00am - 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 10.00am - 4.00pm at weekends and Bank Holidays).
  5. To find information on roads affected by flooding tune into radio traffic and weather bulletins. The AA also provides road flooding information through their Roadwatch telephone service. This is free to AA members on 0990 500 600, non-members can call a premium-rate Road Watch service on 0900 340 1100. See their website at http://www.theaa.com/.