Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

House to House and Street Collections

How to apply for a house to house collecton permit


Persons wishing to undertake charitable house to house collections in Ribble Valley must apply to the Council for a House to House Collection Permit.

Organisations in receipt of a Home Office Exemption are not required to apply locally. However they are requested to advise the Council in writing of the existence of their exemption along with the date and location of collection. Having received this information the Council can avoid double booking an area.

Please note before applying to the Council, applicants should telephone the Licensing Officer on 01200 414411 to establish that the preferred collection area and date is available and, if available, they will be able to make a provisional booking. It is the Council's policy to allow only one collection in a location at any one time.

Written applications must be received at least 28 days prior to the required date.

On being granted a permit to collect, applicants will be issued with a certificate for the information of H M Stationery Office to enable them to obtain prescribed certificates of authority and the number of badges required. This certificate must be taken or sent to H M Stationery Office from which the prescribed certificates of authority and badges will be issued. It is an offence for any collector to collect without having in his/her possession the required signed authority and badge. The address of H M Stationery Office is:

St Clements House
2-16 Colgate
Telephone number: 0870 600 5522

Following the collection, a form of statement must be returned to the Council within one month giving an account of monies raised.

For further information please contact:

Electoral & Taxi Licensing Officer
Ribble Valley Borough Council
Council Offices
Church Walk

Tel: 01200 414411
Fax: 01200 414488

e-mail: jane.horsfield@ribblevalley.gov.uk

  1. You are here: How to apply for a house to house collecton permit
  2. Street Collection