Ribble Valley Crime and Disorder Partnership
Ribble Valley Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership
Ribble Valley Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership was formed in 1998 in response to the Crime and Disorder Act which places a duty on statutory agencies to work together in partnership to reduce crime and disorder in the Ribble Valley.
Some of the partner organisations involved in the CDRP Steering Group are:
Other agencies actively involved in the Partnership include Youth Offending Team (YOT), Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Domestic Violence Team (HARV), Licensed Victuallers and Group Intervention Panel (GRIP) through the Pubwatch scheme.
The CDRP uses a multi-agency approach to tackle crime and disorder within the RIbble Valley. We are proud to say that the Ribble Valley remains the safest place to live in Lancashire and in the North West of England.
Our priorities are:
- To reduce Recorded British Crime Survey Comparator crime across the Borough
- To reassure the public, reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour
- To co-ordinate and deliver the Prolific and Other Priority Offender Scheme (PPO)
- To reduce the harm caused by illegal drugs and alcohol misuse
- To improve partnership development and increase voluntary and community engagement
The partnership is responsible for developing a Crime and Disorder Reduction Strategy every three years which outlines the key priorities for the Borough and a plan of action detailing how these priorities will be addressed.
Before the Strategy can be developed, the partnership carries out an audit. This Audit pulls in crime figures, partner agency data in addition to public opinion to uncover the issues which will ultimately form our Crime and Disorder Strategy for the next three years. The current strategy is for the period 2005 - 2008.
The Partnership links into the Borough Council's Community Strategy and the Corporate Plan to help make people's lives safer and healthier.
Bill Alker 01200 414412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PC Peter Wareing, Crime Prevention Officer 01200 458711
Barry Emmett, Field Manager, Hyndburn & Ribble Valley Youth & Community Service 01254 876295
Pages in Ribble Valley Crime and Disorder Partnership
- You are here: Ribble Valley Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership
- Frequently Asked Questions