Historic Churches in Ribble Valley
St Andrew's Church Slaidburn
The present church at Slaidburn was built in 1450 replacing the original Norman Church and is a grade 1 listed building in the Gothic style.
The outstanding feature of St. Andrew's is its woodwork. The pew boxes date from 1616 and belonged to the rector and the lord of the manor. Central to the church is the three decker pulpit erected in 1740 - responses are led from the lowest stall, the service is conducted from the middle deck and the sermon is preached from the top!
The church organ' built by Bovington's of London, was used for the Great Exhibition of 1851 and was installed in 1870.
The East window is perhaps the most beautiful feature of the church dating from 1869 and depicting the visit of the Shepherds and the Adoration of the Magi.
9.30 a.m. to dusk everyday
Sunday 10.30 a.m. Evensong 6.30 p.m. (2nd Sunday only) Family Service 2nd Sunday 10.30 a.m.
Enquiries 01200 446238
Pages in Historic Churches in Ribble Valley
- St Mary's Church Whalley
- St Leonard's Church Downham
- St Mary's Church Gisburn
- St Peter and St Paul Bolton by Bowland Church
- You are here: St Andrew's Church Slaidburn
- St. Bartholomew's Church Chipping
- St Wilfred's Church Ribchester
- All Hallow's Church Great Mitton
- St. Helen's Church Waddington
- St Mary Magdelene Church Clitheroe
- St Lawrence's Church Longridge