Historic Churches in Ribble Valley
St. Helen's Church Waddington
Set in the picturesque village of Waddington St. Helen's church has been rebuilt at least four times since 1435.
The present church originates from 1899 - 1901 built in the early perpendicular style. Only the tower remains from the medieval church, it contains a 19th Century window with St. Helen flanked by the Saxon chieftain Wadda and King Henry VI - both thought to be significant characters in the history of the village.
Of interest in the church itself is the medieval font and the Browsholme Chapel originally used as a burial chamber for the local Parker family of Browsholme Hall.
During daylight hours
Sunday 8 a.m. and 10.45 a.m.
Enquiries 01200 422481
Pages in Historic Churches in Ribble Valley
- St Mary's Church Whalley
- St Leonard's Church Downham
- St Mary's Church Gisburn
- St Peter and St Paul Bolton by Bowland Church
- St Andrew's Church Slaidburn
- St. Bartholomew's Church Chipping
- St Wilfred's Church Ribchester
- All Hallow's Church Great Mitton
- You are here: St. Helen's Church Waddington
- St Mary Magdelene Church Clitheroe
- St Lawrence's Church Longridge