Public Examination Information
The Secretary of State has appointed Mr Simon Berkeley, BA, MA, MRTPI to conduct the Examination in Public (EIP).
A programme officer has been appointed to assist the Inspector in the running of the EIP.
Please note that you will only receive correspondence directly in connection with the Examination if you responded to the earlier Regulation 19 stage consultation (held during May and June 2012) and indicated that you wanted to take part in the Examination process.
You are advised to check this page regularly for updates on the Examination process.
Update 22nd November - Schedule of Issues and Matters made available
The Inspector has decided not to hold a Pre-Hearing Meeting, but instead has prepared a Guidance Note together with a first Draft Programme, which is included in the Inspector's Schedule of Matters and Issues.
The Schedule sets out those areas of the Core Strategy that will be explored further at the Hearing sessions by the Inspector, the Council and individuals/organisations that have previously submitted formal representations.
Update 11th November - date set for Independent Examination
The public hearing sessions of the Independent Examination into the Core Strategy will formally open on Tuesday 14th January 2014 at 9:30am. Subsequent sessions will normally start at 9:00am and 2:00pm each day. The hearings are likely to be in session on Tuesday 14th to Friday 17th January 2014 and Tuesday 21st January 2014 to 24th January 2014.
The Examination will be held in the Council Chamber, Civic Suite, 13 Church Street, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2DD.
Details of each session will be made available on the Council's website.
Alternatively, details can be obtained from the Programme Officer.
Anyone with any interest in observing the Examination should notify the Programme Officer in advance detailing which session they wish to attend.
See the Statutory Notice of Examination.
Update - Examination Hearing to resume in September 2013
The refreshed evidence has now been submitted to the Inspector (see below) and additional time has been allowed for the Council to finalise some pieces of work and consult on the refreshed evidence.
Core Strategy Submission
Additional Supporting Information - Post Submission Documents
The following information has been submitted by or to the appointed inspector to support the Public Examination of the Core Strategy.
The full list of documents shows all the information submitted to the Inspector and provides the appropriate reference.
Additional Documents Submitted by the Programme Officer and Inspector
- Inspectors Letter to the Council (Initial Questions) - 15 October 2012
- Inspectors Note to the Council (Initial Questions) - 15 October 2012
- Response from the Council - 29 October 2012
- Inspector's Letter to the Council (Issues and Concerns) - 23 November 2012
- Response from the Council - 11 December 2012
- Inspectors Letter to the Council granting a suspension of the Examination - 9 January 2013
- Inspectors Suspension Guidance Notes - 9 January 2013
- Council Letter to the Inspector - 1 July 2013
- Inspectors Response to the Council - 3 July 2013
- Guidance Notes for Participants – 22 November 2013
Additional Documents Submitted by the Council
- Core Strategy Submission Letter
- Mid Lancs Local Investment programme
- Duty to co-operate
- Clitheroe Town Centre Master Plan and Appendices
- Housing Land Availability Schedule - October 2012
- Forest of Bowland AONB Renewable Energy Position Statement
- CLASP Lancashire Sustainable Energy Study - April 2011
- CLASP Taking Forward the Deployment of Renewable Energy - July 2011
- Documents relating to 'Outline Application at Higher Standen Farm 3/2012/0942/P'
Additional Documents Submitted by Other Parties
Additional Documents Submitted Following a Refresh by the Council
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment 2013
- Service Centre Health Checks 2013
- Employment Land Study Refresh 2013
- Summary of Responses to Reg 22 Consultation
- Retail Study Update 2013
- Leisure Study Update 2013
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment 2013
- Housing Requirements Update May 2013
- Proposed Main Changes to Core Strategy - committee report
- Viability Study
- Letter to the Inspector - 23 September 2013
- Consultation responses to proposed main changes to Core Strategy
- Correspondence from statutory consultees relating to the Duty to Co-operate - part a (local authorities) and part b (other bodies)
- Core Strategy - tracked changes version
- Information note relating to planning applications considered to be of relevance
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum Report August 2013
- Statement of Community Involvement August 2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment updated August 2013