Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Past Applications

How do I find out if a development has planning permission?


We cannot carry out free searches for you, but we can help you to research the archives and find out the planning history of a property or piece of land for yourself. This will involve visiting the Planning Department, Level D, Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, BB1 2RA in person.

In order to be able to find out what applications have been submitted on a site we will need a plan of the area you are interested in, or you will need to be able to identify the site yourself on one of our plans when you come to the office.

If you wish to pay for a local land charges search, which will contain a complete planning history of any specified site, you will need to contact our Local Land Charges Department on 01200 414405.

Planning permissions last a set amount of time. This time limit is always shown in the conditions of the planning permission. To see these conditions you must look at the planning decision notice.

If the planning permission runs out before you start to build you must submit another application and start the planning process again. There is no guarantee that a second application will receive exactly the same decision as the original, as planning policy may have altered in the intervening time.

If you do not think you are going to be able to start your development before the permission runs out you can apply to us to renew the original application, but you must do this before the expiry deadline.

If you need a copy of a decision notice we can provide one if you let us have the full application number and the relevant fee. Once we have received payment you will be able to collect your decision notice from our offices or we will be able to post or fax it to you, but you must pay in advance.

We are able to provide copies of any of the public documents on the planning application files we keep, subject to a photocopying charge.  However, before we can provide copies we must have received payment in advance.