Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Planning Enforcement

What is unauthorised development?


Where there has been a breach of planning control the Council's officers will decide:

  • whether or not to take enforcement action; and
  • if they decide to take enforcement action, what action to take.

These pages contain further information on planning enforcement including information on:

  • The types of things that may constitute a breach of planning control;
  • How to report a suspected breach; and
  • What the Council's officers will do when they receive information about a suspected breach.