Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Submitting an application

How do I submit an application?


If you think you might need to submit an application:

  • Contact us, tell our staff what you want to do and ask for their advice.  The council encourages pre-application advice and this should undertaken before any application is submitted 
  • If you are told you need to submit an application fill out an application form.  These are also available from Level D reception in the Council Offices
  • Send the completed forms to us, together with the correct fee (the fee can now be calculated online) and all the necessary supporting documents.
  • From 10th August 2006 you are likely to need a Design and Access Statement to accompany your application.
  • If you intend to disturb the roofspace you may also need a bat survey.

You can now submit your planning application online with the planning portal.