Ribble Valley Borough Council's website uses cookies to store information on your computer. We use cookies to improve our website and some cookies are essential for parts of the website to work. If you continue to browse ribblevalley.gov.uk we'll assume that you agree to receive cookies used by this site. To find out more about the cookies we use see our cookie notice.

Ribble Valley Borough Council

Control of Tree Felling

Tree felling

Permission to fell a protected tree requires authorisation from the Local Authority Countryside Officer. However, sometimes it may be necessary to obtain a Felling Licence from the Forestry Commission.

Felling Licences are required when more than 5 cubic metres of timber are felled in any calendar quarter, or more than 2 cubic metres are sold. In which case you require permission from the Forestry Commission's Conservator for the Region (The Countryside Officer would be able to advise you).

  1. You are here: Tree felling
  2. Exemptions from Felling Licences
  3. Further Information about Control of Tree Felling