Emergency Assistance Grant Scheme
Emergency Assistance Grant Scheme for Food and Essential Supplies
The Local Authority Emergency Assistance Grant Scheme has been introduced to support people who are struggling to afford food and other essential items due to financial hardship caused by Covid-19.
This scheme is temporary. Only one grant can be issued per household and is subject to fund availability.
To be eligible for the scheme you must be:
- Aged 16 years or over
- A resident of the Ribble Valley district
- Experiencing financial hardship as a direct result of Covid-19 and not have enough resources to meet your immediate short-term needs
- On a low income (you must work more than 10 hours per week and have a normal income below £250 per week if you are single or £350 per week for a couple) or in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
The scheme can help with short-term living costs such as food, fuel (for example gas, electric), essential household appliances. Cash will not be awarded.
If white goods such as washing machines or fridges are required, items will be purchased through the scheme and delivery will be arranged directly to your home. Installation will not be included.
The scheme does not cover:
- Any requests for items that are not essential
- Applications from those with sufficient income or savings
- Requests for household items where these are the responsibility of the landlord
How long will it take for a decision to be made?
We aim to make a decision as soon as possible. The amount you can be awarded will depend on your need and circumstances.
We apologise if your grant request is taking longer to consider. Please remain patient, a member of our team will be in contact if further information is needed from you.
To speed up the application process please ensure you fully complete the application form and provide all the information we ask for.
How to apply
To apply please complete the Emergency Assistance Grant form.
For assistance you can telephone the Ribble Valley Community Hub on 01200 414597
We will need the following information:
- Where you live
- Full household details
- Your circumstances
- A copy of your latest bank statement (issued in the last two months). This can be a photo but must clearly show proof of earnings
- Proof of self-employment such as a recent business bank statement (issued in the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns
- Proof of wages or payslip
- Proof of receipt of one of the benefits listed above
- Details of your income and the affect Covid-19 has had on this
- What support you need
We will contact you if further information is required. Please make a note of your application reference number, as we will ask for this when you are submitting any evidence.
Your evidence can be submitted in the following ways:
- By uploading your documents.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to: Ribble Valley Borough Council, Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe, Lancashire BB7 2RA
Please ensure your name and address is provided along with any evidence documents.
Can I appeal a decision if my application is unsuccessful?
As this is a discretionary scheme there is no right of appeal. The Council’s decision will be final.
The information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the general data protection regulation (GDPR) and data protection law for the purpose of provision and management of the Emergency Assistance Grant Fund.
Your personal information, where provided, will be processed under Article 6,1 (e) of the GDPR - processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller