Terms and Conditions
The aim of the Recreation and Culture Grant scheme is for Ribble Valley Borough Council to invest in the development of cultural and recreational activity throughout the borough. Supporting and promoting the future health and wellbeing of the Ribble Valley community through arts, sports and community projects.
- Must live in Ribble Valley or provide a service/business which is based within the borough.
- Must be an organisation not run for profit.
- Membership of your organisation should be open to all members of the community.
- Must not be seeking funding for a charitable cause or third party which is different organisation to the applicant.
- Must have clear targets in what it is trying to achieve and how it will be evaluated.
- Priority will be given to projects that seek match funding bringing external funding into the area. The council will support up to 50% of the cost of the scheme.
- The scheme is not intended to contribute to the revenue/running costs of any organisation, non-maintenance projects will be given priority.
- Projects should not start before grant allocation has been confirmed in writing and normally should be completed within 12 months of receiving the grant.
- Partnership working will be given priority.
- Projects will be assessed on their level of sustainability. Evidence should be provided as to how it will continue and grow in future years without council funding support.
- Projects will not receive repeat funding unless stating clearly how this contribution will be developing a new aspect.
- Should the applicant cease to use the grant for the use which it was awarded, the council may wish to retain all or a proportion of the grant offered.
- Grant aid cannot be expected every year. Each scheme will be considered on its merit and in line with the council's culture and leisure priorities.
- Grant payments will be released on the production of invoices and receipts of the project and completion of the evaluation form, (supplied at grant approval).
- A set of documents or proof of your current financial position
- Supporting documents you feel are relevant to your application (not returnable, send copies only)
- Any letters of support for your project
This supporting information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Ribble Valley Borough Council
Recreation and Culture Grant
c/o Olwen Heap
If you need any advice on submitting this application please contact:
Olwen Heap (Administrator) 01200 414408
Mark Beveridge (Head of Cultural and Leisure Services) 01200 414479
Katherine Rodgers 01200 425566 (Arts)
Peter Fletcher 01200 414435 (Sports)
If you wish to save this form at any point, please make sure you have registered for a Ribble Valley Borough Council account and you are logged in when completing it.
If you are not logged in – your changes will not be saved and your grant form data WILL be lost.
Click 'Save and continue' to start the form