Public Examination Information
The Secretary of State has appointed Mr Simon Berkeley, BA, MA, MRTPI to conduct the Examination in Public (EIP).
A programme officer has been appointed to assist the Inspector in the running of the EIP.
Please note that you will only receive correspondence directly in connection with the Examination if you responded to the earlier Regulation 19 stage consultation (held during May and June 2012) and/or consultations held since that date and indicated that you wanted to take part in the Examination process.
You are advised to check this page regularly for updates on the Examination process.
Update 7th February
The Council has now published it's list of tasks arising from the Examination Hearing Sessions. You are advised to check the page below regularly for any new documentation submitted after the closure of the Hearing Sessions.
Update 22nd January - Inspector closes Hearing Sessions
The Inspector, Mr Simon Berkeley, BA, MA, MRTPI, closed the Hearing Sessions on Wednesday 22nd January 2014. All evidence submitted during the course of the Hearings can now be found in the evidence library of documents below or paper copies are available to view at the Council Offices in Clitheroe.
Update 16th January - Revised Programme
Please note that the Inspector will continue to examine Matter 3 (Housing) and Matter 4 (Affordable Housing) on Wednesday 22 January 2014 - starting at 10:00am.
An updated Schedule of Matters and Issues (and Programme) has been made available.
Update 8th January - Information Regarding the Examination
The Examination Programme has been made available, which details attendees.
The submitted further written statements and further evidence has been made available (see below).
Update 18th December - Information Regarding the Examination
No changes have been made to the first draft Programme following the opportunity given to make comments, but late changes may still be unavoidable. The Programme Officer will notify any participants of any late changes to the timetable, but it is the responsibility of participants to keep themselves up to date with the arrangements and the programme by regularly checking these pages.
A reminder has been issued by the Programme Officer for all people wishing to observe the Examination to please notify the Programme Officer of their wishes as soon as possible. Representors should have let the Programme Officer know by the 6 December 2013 whether they wished to be heard at a hearing session.
A reminder that the deadline for the submission of written statements responding to the Inspector's Schedule of Matters and Issues paper is 12 noon on 6th January 2014. This deadline is for all participants/representors and the Council.
Update 22nd November - Schedule of Issues and Matters made available
The Inspector has decided not to hold a Pre-Hearing Meeting, but instead has prepared a Guidance Note together with a first Draft Programme, which is included in the Inspector's Schedule of Matters and Issues.
The Schedule sets out those areas of the Core Strategy that will be explored further at the Hearing sessions by the Inspector, the Council and individuals/organisations that have previously submitted formal representations.
Update 11th November - date set for Independent Examination
The public hearing sessions of the Independent Examination into the Core Strategy will formally open on Tuesday 14th January 2014 at 9:30am. Subsequent sessions will normally start at 9:30am and 2:00pm each day. The hearings are likely to be in session on Tuesday 14th to Friday 17th January 2014 and Tuesday 21st January 2014 to 24th January 2014.
The Examination will be held in the Council Chamber, Civic Suite, 13 Church Street, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 2DD.
Details of each session will be made available on the Council's website.
Alternatively, details can be obtained from the Programme Officer.
Anyone with any interest in observing the Examination should notify the Programme Officer in advance detailing which session they wish to attend.
See the Statutory Notice of Examination.
Core Strategy Submission
Additional Supporting Information - Post Submission Documents
The following information has been submitted by or to the appointed inspector to support the Public Examination of the Core Strategy.
The full list of documents shows all the information submitted to the Inspector and provides the appropriate reference.
Additional Documents Submitted by the Programme Officer and Inspector
- Inspectors Letter to the Council (Initial Questions) - 15 October 2012
- Inspectors Note to the Council (Initial Questions) - 15 October 2012
- Response from the Council - 29 October 2012
- Inspector's Letter to the Council (Issues and Concerns) - 23 November 2012
- Response from the Council - 11 December 2012
- Inspectors Letter to the Council granting a suspension of the Examination - 9 January 2013
- Inspectors Suspension Guidance Notes - 9 January 2013
- Council Letter to the Inspector - 1 July 2013
- Inspectors Response to the Council - 3 July 2013
- Guidance Notes for Participants - 22 November 2013
- Schedule of Matters and Issues for Examination and Draft Programme - 22 November 2013
Additional Documents Submitted by the Council
- Core Strategy Submission Letter
- Mid Lancs Local Investment programme
- Duty to co-operate
- Clitheroe Town Centre Master Plan and Appendices
- Housing Land Availability Schedule - October 2012
- Forest of Bowland AONB Renewable Energy Position Statement
- CLASP Lancashire Sustainable Energy Study - April 2011
- CLASP Taking Forward the Deployment of Renewable Energy - July 2011
- Documents relating to 'Outline Application at Higher Standen Farm 3/2012/0942/P'
- Summary of responses to Regulation 22 Consultation and copy of representations
Additional Documents Submitted Following an Evidence Refresh by the Council
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment 2013
- Service Centre Health Checks 2013
- Employment Land Study Refresh 2013
- Summary of Responses to Reg 22 Consultation
- Retail Study Update 2013
- Leisure Study Update 2013
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment draft 2013
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment final 2013
- Housing Requirements Update May 2013
- Proposed Main Changes to Core Strategy - committee report
- Viability Study
- Letter to the Inspector - 23 September 2013
- Consultation responses to proposed main changes to Core Strategy
- Correspondence from statutory consultees relating to the Duty to Co-operate - part a (local authorities) and part b (other bodies) and further correspondence part one, part two, part three and part four
- Core Strategy - tracked changes version
- Information note relating to planning applications considered to be of relevance
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum Report August 2013
- Statement of Community Involvement August 2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment updated August 2013
- Letter to the Inspector re Modifications to the Core Strategy and Schedule of Modifications
- Proposed Main Changes to Core Strategy August 2013
Additional Core Strategy Reports and Minutes relating to the Evidence Refresh
- Compendium of Reports to Planning and Development Committee 2013 - relating to evidence refresh
- Compendium of Reports to Planning and Development Committee June 2012 to August 2013
Documents Submitted by the Council During the Course of the Examination Hearings
- Annual Monitoring Report April 2013
- Housing Land Availability Schedule October 2013
- Settlement Audit Summary 2006
- Core Strategy Topic Paper - Discussion on the Approach to the Preferred Option - November 2011
- Summary of Representations received at Alternative Options Stage (Reg 25) October 2011
- Summary of Representations received on Regulation 25 Consultation March 2011
- Core Strategy Generation of Alternative Development Strategy Options June 2011
- Core Strategy Consultation Regulation 25 Report July 2010
- East Lancashire Highways and Transport Masterplan Consultation Draft October 2013
- Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan - Site Allocation and Development Management Policies Part One September 2013
- Joint Lancashire Minerals and Waste Local Plan - Site Allocation and Development Management Policies Part Two September 2013
- Core Strategy - Proposed Revisions to Key Statements and Development Management Policies June 2011
- Renewable Energy Target Setting and Policy Development Final Report April 2012
- Report to Planning and Development Committee December 2013 - Standen Estates Planning Application
- Lancashire Sport Partnership - Ribble Valley Facilities Review December 2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment Report - Update November 2013
- Affordable Housing Memorandum of Understanding adopted version
- Schedule of Main Modifications as at 6 January
- Additional Viability Work - Standen Strategic Site
- NPPG Beta Mode reference by the Council
- Confirmation re Addendum to SA from Natural England
- Note from NLP - PopGroup Modelling Output sheets
- Copy of correspondence with United Utilities
- NPPG Beta Mode reference by the Council (Matter 3.5)
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) Methodology Sept 2008
- Extract from Joint Lancashire Structure Plan 2005
- Housing Availability Schedule - re-calculation to include Standen and Henthorn Road
Further Written Statements
- Ribble Valley Borough Council
- JWPC - Monks
- Barton Willmore - Barratt Homes
- Pegasus - Hallam Land Management
- Blackburn with Darwen Council
- Gladman Developments
- Home Builders Federation
- David Locke Associates - Barrow Lands
- NJL Consulting - Strategic Land Group
- Save Whalley Village Group
- Steven Abbott Associates - Standen Estates
- Turley Associates - Taylor Wimpey
Documents Submitted by Other Parties during the Examination Hearings
- Adopted Central Lancashire Core Strategy July 2012
- Preston Local Plan Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Preferred Options - Main Report
- Preston Local Plan Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Preferred Options - Appendices
- Preston Local Plan Site Allocations and Development Management Policies Preferred Options - Draft proposals map - rural area
- Preston Publication Local Plan - Part 1
- Preston Publication Local Plan - Statement of Consultation
- Central Lancashire 2010 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) - Main Report
- Central Lancashire 2010 SHLAA - Preston Map
- Sites for Preston Issues and Options
- Blackburn Council Forum 7th November 2013 Agenda Report
- Blackburn Publication Plan Final
- Blackburn Local Plan Part 2 Maps
- Information submitted by Wild Life Trust - Matter 1
- NPPG Beta Mode reference - Barton Willmore
- Information regarding appeal at Whittingham Road - Fox Strategic Land and Property
- Information submitted by the Wild Life Trust (Matter 10)
- Written Statement from Gladman Developments
Documents Submitted After the Examination Hearings
- List of Tasks Arising from Examination Hearing Sessions
- Waddington Road Appeal Decision
- Whittingham Road - Preston CC Appeal Decision