Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Plan B measures to tackle coronavirus have now been lifted, but you should still get vaccinated, get tested and self-isolate if required. Further information:

Coronavirus Information

People and Communities

Categories in People and Communities

  • Adult Social Care

    Information on Adult Social Care can be found on Lancashire County Council's website.

  • Armed Forces and Community Covenant

    Ribble Valley's Armed Forces and Community Covenant is a voluntary pledge of mutual support between the community and the local Armed Forces community.

  • Blue Badge Parking Scheme

    The Blue Badge Scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with severe walking difficulties who travel either as drivers or passengers.

  • Community Safety

    Information on community safety.

  • Community Transport

    Little Green Bus provides accessible transport to people who can't use regular public transport.

  • Dementia

    The Council is committed to being dementia friendly.

  • Dog Watch

    There is increasing concern for the safety of dogs and the Ribble Valley Community Safety Partnership has launched ‘Dog Watch’ to keep your pets safe.

  • Emergency Planning

    Advice on how to get help during civil emergencies.

  • Family Ancestry

    If you are researching family history you may want to visit the Lancashire County Council records office.

  • Flooding

    Advice and information if flooding occurs. Support for 2015 winter floods.

  • Grants

    Different grant schemes offering support to the community.

  • Haweswater Aqueduct Maintenance

    United Utilities are planning maintenance work to the Haweswater Aqueduct which passes through Ribble Valley

  • Hate Crime

    Any crime or incident which you believe is happening because of race, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability is a hate crime.

  • Libraries

    Libraries are run and managed by Lancashire County Council.

  • Registration (births, marriages and deaths)

    Lancashire County Council provide registration services for births, marriages and deaths.

  • Ribble Valley Community Toilet Scheme

    Residents and shoppers in Ribble Valley can use toilets in shops and restaurants as part of the Community Toilet Scheme.

  • Street Lighting

    Lancashire County Council is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of street lights and traffic signals.

  • Support for Community Clean Ups

    We can provide tools to support community groups who wish to organise a clean up.

  • Winter Weather and Gritting

    Information on staying safe and warm during the winter period.

Sub-categories of People and Communities