2020/21 Exhibition Programme
The Platform Gallery is now open and we look forward to welcoming you back. We have changed the entrance and have a one way system through the gallery,
Our hours have altered slightly to allow extra cleaning, currently 10-00-4.30 (Monday to Friday) 10.00-4.00 (Saturday)
To keep you and staff safe and to prevent the spread of corona virus we are asking all visitors to follow the following steps:
- Please maintain social distance from other customers and staff, currently two metres
- Use the hand gel at the entrance and exit
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Please don’t touch anything on display unless you are taking it to the counter to purchase
- Ask a member of staff if you require assistance
- Payment will be by card only
- Please wear a face covering if able to do so
- Do not enter the building if you have any COVID symptoms
We would like to reassure you that there is regular cleaning in place, all staff will wash and sanitise their hands regularly.
We hope you find these changes reassuring please ask if you require assistance.
Welcome back everyone and thank you for your patience.
PlatForm and Function: 12 April – 26 June
PlatForm & Function exhibition celebrates emerging and established makers by awarding the prize of a place in this exhibition.
The makers have been carefully selected from the BCTF (British Craft Trade Fair, and the GNCCF (Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair).
Craft Open: 12 July – 18 September
The Platform Gallery's annual exhibition, known for highlighting the wealth of talented craft makers surrounding the Platform Gallery. Connecting visitors with local contemporary makers and their crafts.
Northern Star: 4 October – 24 December
Guiding you to the best of British craft talent this winter. Showcasing the best of British making, Northern Star provides inspiration for that perfect handmade gift or treat. Join us as we celebrate creativity this Christmas season.