About Up and Active
The Up and Active Team is part of Ribble Valley Borough Council and provides a range of specialist physical activity and weight management programmes for adults. It is responsible for helping people become more physically active, lose weight or support people with a medical condition or recent treatment. The team can also help people manage their medical conditions in the long term.
The team provides a wide range of sessions and activities to suit all needs. All the sessions are run by our own specialist instructors who will be able to guide and support you through your programme and work towards a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Programmes that are included in the Up and Active scheme are:
- 'Fitness For Life' Exercise Referral Scheme
- 'Weigh-2-Go!' Community Weight Management Programme
- 'Heartwatch' Community Cardiac Rehabilitation
- 'Best Foot Forward' Postural Stability Programme
- 'Stepping Out' Health Walks
We hope to help you make long term changes and improve your quality of life.