Exercise Referral Scheme
Fitness For Life - Exercise Referral Scheme
This was previously a GP referral scheme but is now a self referral scheme looking to help all of the Ribble Valley.
Fitness For Life is designed for people who may have become inactive, have specific medical conditions and would benefit from a specially designed 12 week activity programme, either in a group or on an individual basis. The scheme is available throughout the year all you need to do is call us.
Most people are aware that exercise is good for your health, well-being and wieght management. However it is not always apparent what exercise you should be doing, how often you should do it and for how long! Fitness For Life can help you get started and our specialist instructors can advise you on the right exercise for you.
How do I benefit?
Taking regular exercise is one of the healthiest things you can do. Taking part in Fitness For Life can help you in lots of ways.
- Helps keep your heart strong and reduces the risk of heart disease or stroke
- Helps control your blood pressure
- Helps prevent or control type II diabetes
- Helps control your weight
- Strengthens your muscles, bones and joints
- Gives you more energy to enjoy life!
- Improves opportunities for socialising
The Fitness For Life team creates concessionary rates at participating venues. Some of the sessions available include:
- Gym sessions / programmes
- Healthy Lifestyle circuits / cardiac groups
- Keep fit / Gym Circuits
- Swimming and Aqua sessions
- Health / Progression walks
If you are interested in joining the programme:
You can speak to your GP or Health Professional to see if you are safe to join.
To be eligible you must be:
- or looking to continue rehabilitation
Contact the Up and Active Team to book your initial consultation - you will see one of our team on a one to one basis to discuss your programme and individual needs.
Call 01200 414484 to get started on your path to a healthier, more active lifestyle.