Residents needing additional support or wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community should call 01200 414597. For business rates please use 01200 414450

Coronavirus information

Community Support for those affected by the Coronavirus

Do you need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak – or do you want to offer a helping hand?

Online forms can be completed by both those requesting help and those seeking volunteering opportunities:

Ribble Valley Borough Council has also set up a dedicated phone number to help the most vulnerable people in the community who are facing difficulties, worries and loneliness as a result of Coronavirus.  If you are needing additional support or wanting to volunteer your time or services to help those in need please call the council on 01200 414597 for all other enquiries please ring 01200 425111.

Help for the Extremely Vulnerable

If you are classed as extremely vulnerable (shielded) it is important that if you do not have contacts who can help or support you during this time that you go to or call 0800 0288327, the Government’s dedicated helpline, to register your details.

The UK Government has set out a roadmap for the clinically extremely vulnerable on the future of the shielding programme.  

For now, the guidance remains the same – stay at home and only go outside to exercise or to spend time outdoors with a member of your household, or with one other person from another household if you live alone – but the guidance will change on 6 July and again on 1 August.

Shielding and other advice to the clinically extremely vulnerable has been and remains advisory. 

What are the changes? 

Recently, the UK Government advised that you can spend time outdoors, if you wish, with your own household, or if you live alone with another household. Following this, and alongside current scientific and medical advice the UK Government is planning to relax shielding guidance in stages.  

From 6 July, the guidance will change so you can meet in groups of up to six people from outside your household – outdoors with social distancing. For example, you might want to enjoy a summer BBQ outside at a friend’s house, but remember it is still important to maintain social distancing and you should not share items such as cups and plates. If you live alone (or are a lone adult with dependent children under 18), you will be able to form a support bubble with another household. 

From 1 August, you will no longer need to shield, and the advice will be that you can visit shops and places of worship, but you should continue maintaining rigorous social distancing.

If you are in receipt of Government provided food boxes and medicine deliveries, you will continue to receive this support until the end of July.

What help and support can be provided?

The council is working in partnership with residents, businesses, partners and the voluntary sector to provide help and support with everyday needs such as:

  • Obtaining food parcels
  • Collecting prescriptions
  • Preventing loneliness
  • Housing advice
  • Financial and debt advice
  • Help with shopping

Anyone needing support can call 01200 414597 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Callers will be asked for details and will either be signposted to the relevant support, or be linked with a service or volunteer who can offer support.

We know that lots of individuals, groups and businesses are already doing everything they can and are making a huge difference in the most difficult times.


See our briefing on Covid 19 and Safeguarding for volunteers.

Change Grow Live and Inspire

Change Grow Live and Insprie East Lancashire have produced guidance for their users during the Covid19 Pandemic. You can find out more about ther services during the coronavirus pandemic on their website  or they have produced information to download about the service, alcohol dependence and new referrals.

Share this page: