Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Coronavirus cases are on the rise in Lancashire – get vaccinated, get tested and #LetsKeepLancashireSafe. Further information: Help and advice: Ribble Valley Community Hub (01200 414597)

Coronavirus Information

Test and Trace support payment

If you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate from 28 September 2020, either because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period.

From 8 March 2021 you are the parent or carer of a child who has been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) or their school or childcare provider.

You need to claim within 42 days of your first day of self-isolation. The scheme has now been extended to June 2021.

Who is eligible?

People who live in Ribble Valley and have received notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate will be entitled to a £500 support payment if you meet all of the following requirements:

  • You comply with the NHS Test and Trace notification to self-isolate
  • The child attends a school or childcare setting is under 15 or is aged between 16 and 25 and has an Education, Health and Care Plan
  • The child or young person who the parent or guardian is caring for was told to self-isolate and did not continue to attend their education or care setting when they should have been self-isolating
  • You are employed or self-employed
  • You are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
  • You are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit

Who is not eligible?

You will not be eligible for this scheme if you:

  • started your self-isolation period started before 28 September 2020
  • are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
  • continue to receive full wages while you self-isolate
  • can work from home during a period of self-isolation
  • have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate.

Discretionary Test and Trace Support Payment

The Government have provided local authorities with a limited amount of funding to make discretionary payments to some cases that don’t meet the qualifying benefit criteria for the standard payments.

The Government have made it clear that these payments are aimed at people with low incomes prior to self-isolating and they must meet all the other criteria of the main scheme i.e. they are required to self-isolate and have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and given an 8 character NHS Test and account ID, are employed or self-employed, they cannot work from home and will lose income as a result of self isolating and they will suffer hardship as a result of the reduction in their income.

Given the limited funding, to be eligible for a Ribble Valley discretionary test and trace support payment you must be liable for Council Tax in this area, not a student, work more than 10 hours per week and have a normal income below £250 per week if you are single or £350 per week for a couple. Furthermore, only one payment will be made per household.

Applications from members of the same household

This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual or parents and guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can make one application per household for the child or young person's self-isolation period.

Before you start

You will need the following information to complete this form:

  • Your 8-digit NHS Test and Trace reference
  • A copy of the NHS Test and Trace notification you received. This can be a photo of the letter or email, but it must clearly show the date you received the notification and the Test and Trace ID
  • A copy of your latest bank statement (issued in the last two months). This can be a photo but must clearly show proof of earnings.  Please ensure this contains the sort code, account number and account holder’s name
  • Proof of self-employment such as a recent business bank statement (issued in the last two months), most recent set of accounts or evidence of self-assessment returns
  • To consent for us to access your records in the NHS Test and Trace system to confirm your eligibility. Read the NHS Test and Trace privacy notice
  • To consent to us verifying your loss of income, this may be by contacting your employer
  • Your National Insurance number
  • Proof of wages or payslip.

Supporting evidence about the child or young person

  • the child’s eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace telling them to self-isolate
  • a communication from the child or young person’s education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have been told to self-isolate by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive

  • a screenshot of a young person’s NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate AND evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs and who have been notified to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 App.

How to apply

Complete the Test and Trace support payment application form

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

What happens next?

The Government is supporting local councils to make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly.

We will review your application and carry out the necessary checks with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), for verification purposes, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), for tax purposes, and NHS Test and Trace to confirm your self-isolation status if applying for a child/young person the application will be checked with their education or care settings.

If we are able to verify your entitlement we will contact you to confirm when you will receive your payment.

Share this page: