Local Contact Tracing
Local Contact Tracing Ribble Valley
- In the first instance the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you if you have tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) to give advice and get the details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
- If the NHS Test and Trace team have been unable to contact you within 24 hours, your case will be passed to Ribble Valley Borough Council’s Contact Tracing team who will contact you.
- You'll be asked where you've been recently and who you've been in close contact with.
- This will help the NHS contact anyone who may have caught the virus from you.
- This service will be active 5 days a week (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
How Ribble Valley Borough Council’s Contact Tracing team will contact you
- You'll be contacted by text or email when your case is passed to Ribble Valley
- A Contact Tracer will then ring you (from 01200 414597). Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call.
What we will ask you about
- Your health and if you need any support
- If you live with other people
- Any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- Names and contact details of any people you have been in contact with
Ribble Valley Borough Council’s Contact Tracing service will not:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
If you would like to contact us to check if the phone call you have received is legitimate, call us on 01200 414597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How your information will be used
- All information you provide to Ribble Valley Borough Council’s Contact Tracing service will be passed back to the NHS.
- No one who is then contacted by them will be told your identity.
- Anyone you've been in close contact with will be told to stay at home (self-isolate) for 10 days. This is because it can take up to 10 days for coronavirus symptoms to appear.
What support is available to me?
Ribble Valley Community Hub is available to anyone in the borough who needs help and support on 01200 414597.