Missed Bin Collection
The Burgundy wheeled bin for (general / non-recyclable waste) is collected every week.
The blue recyclable waste bin, green garden waste bin and paper recycling white sack are collected every other week. They are collected on the same day as your general waste (burgundy bin) on alternate weeks.
Use the find your bin collection day search to find out which day your bins are collected.
Reporting a missed bin collection
If you think we have missed collecting your bins you need to report a missed bin collection (MyRibbleValley account required).
Before you report the missed collection please make sure that:
- Your bin must be placed at your collection point no later than 7.30am on the day of your collection (If you forgot to put your bin out on time we will not collect it until the next time it is due for collection)
- Please note white sacks and wheeled bins are collected by different vehicles and will be emptied at a different time to each other.
- The correct bins must be left out for collection
- All waste must fit inside your bins - any extra bags will not be collected and should be taken to your local recycling centre or tip, or if you have a large item of waste you can use our bulky waste and special collection service (there is a charge for using this service)
- Each bin must be filled with the correct type of waste. For more information see What goes in my bins?
- If you put the wrong type of waste in your bin we will not collect it and a yellow sticker will be placed on your bin with information on the type of waste which should be in the bin
- It is worth looking to see if your neighbours bins have been collected. If other bins on the street have been missed the road may have been blocked, or there may have been a problem which prevented the bin lorry accessing the area to collect the bins.
Once we have received your report we will be in touch to let you know it has been passed on to the refuse collection team.